STEERING AND SUSPENSION SERVICES
Maintaining your steering and suspension systems is important to prolong the life of your tires, vehicle handling, and overall road safety. Worn steering or suspension parts can lead to excessive wear on your tires, poor alignment, or even the loss of vehicle control at the time you need it.
Common Steering & Suspension Symptoms
- Vehicle pulls to the left or right during normal driving usually indicates that your wheels may be out of alignment.
- Swaying or bouncing, dipping, or vehicle taking a nose dive on heavy braking usually means worn shocks or struts.
- Loose or sluggish steering is likely a steering play issue, but it could also be an issue with your tie rods, tie rod ends, or strut bearings
- Feeling bumps and road cracks are usually the results of worn shocks, struts, strut bearings, or ball joints.
- Vibrations or wiggling back and forth could be a power steering system problem, but the symptoms can also be caused by out-of-balance wheels, highly uneven tire wear, loose wheel bolts, or brake rotors.
Uneven Tire Wear
- Can be a result of many factors, including improper inflation, poor wheel alignment, or faulty steering or suspension systems
- Can be a result of minor or suspension problems, steering, or drive train problem. Common suspension system problems include ball joints and sway bars.
SOLVING YOUR VEHICLES STEERING & SUSPENSION ISSUES
Because changes in your vehicle occur gradually over time, they may be difficult to notice. Scheduled inspections and maintenance will greatly identify problems early, reducing possible major repairs. Kwik Kar can inspect your steering and suspension system for you anytime.